North Simcoe Veterinary Services offers a wide variety of services for your large animal needs. Four of our doctors provide both ambulatory and in-clinic care of horses, cows, camelids and small ruminants.
We are available for large animal emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We do request that you have your animal caught and confined prior to our arrival and treatment. We prefer to perform our bovine and small ruminant surgeries (such as caesarean sections and displaced stomachs) at the clinic where the conditions allow for a more sterile procedure.
- Dairy Cattle
- Beef Cattle
- Sheep (Meat and Milk)
- Goat (Meat, Milk and Pets)
- Swine (Commercial, Backyard and Pets)
- Chickens (Commercial and Small Flock)
- Camelids (Alpacas, Llamas and Camels)
Our production animal services include;
- Herd health
- Surgical procedures (obstetrics and abdominal)
- Reproductive exams
- Foot trimming
- Tusk trimming
Our veterinarians are happy to speak to anyone with questions or concerns about a farm animal.
Our equine section includes;
- Castrations (on farm or at our clinic)
- Health Exams
- EIA testing (Coggins)
- Medical colics
- Medical exams
- Pre-Purchase exams
- Standing surgical procedures (mass removals, enucleation, etc)
We are pleased to offer assistance with breeding and artificial insemination. All our veterinarians are qualified for pre-purchase examinations (we kindly ask to avoid instances of Conflict of Interest).